Position Profile: The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program is seeking a Deputy Program Administrator to lead engineering, design and construction delivery functions of the $4.61 billion dollar SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Capital Construction Program (SR 520). As the second in command of the SR 520 Program, the Deputy Program Administrator is a key senior leader, providing direction and oversight to communications, budget and finance, right-of-way, and environmental teams within the program.
The responsibilities for this position include initial planning; developing and implementing strategic program delivery initiatives program management oversight from scoping through completion of construction; and establishing and implementing program management policy. The Deputy Program Administrator will collaborate with State and Federal representatives, local elected officials and agencies, University of Washington, Tribal Governments, and stakeholder groups to ensure successful program risk management, conflict resolution, and the development and implementation of communications strategies for the program.
An ideal candidate for this position will have experience believing in and promoting transparency and accountability while working to deliver a program on time and within budgets. This requires strategic planning and someone who has experience developing comprehensive risks and mitigating strategies.
This position will perform the following:
- Coordinate all projects in the SR 520 Program to ensure project elements (design, traffic control, staging) are coordinated across boundaries, are constructible within spatial and schedule constraints, minimizing overlaps and eliminating gaps that could cause rework.
- Coordinate corridor value engineering, constructability planning, and maintenance of traffic planning efforts to ensure risk management integration across projects.
- Represent the SR 520 Program to a wide variety of interests including the media, citizens, local jurisdictions, legislators, tribal agencies, business, property owners, and stakeholders.
- Continually identify and assess project risks and opportunities and develop mitigation strategies to reduce the overall project risk profile as appropriate.
- Determine and guide the direction taken by WSDOT to solve problems necessary to meet project scope, budget, and delivery timelines.
- Deliver the SR 520 Program projects on time and within budget; track overall project progress, staffing, and set work priorities.
- Serve as a member of WSDOT state or nationally appointed policy teams and committees.
- Resolve conflicts that may arise internally or between the department and other agencies or community groups.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click on the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. If you have not done so previously, you will need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions. As part of the supplemental questions, you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Josefina Mutascu at MutascJ@wsdot.wa.gov. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-WMS-8W118.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter.