Department: Communications & Marketing
The George Mason University Office of Communication and Marketing seeks an Event Coordinator responsible for managing and facilitating events for both on and off campus clients. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The University Events team supports Mason's mission by producing events that align with the strategic goals of the university and their students, faculty, alumni, and other stakeholders. The Events Coordinator will report directly to the Interim Director of University Events. This individual will be an experienced team member charged with coordinating all stages of event management from inception to execution while cultivating relationships with the various stakeholders of the university.
- Proven ability to initiate, plan, schedule, and manage on and off-site university events to include coordination of locations, facilities, technical services, supplies, marketing, and print materials;
- Ability to effectively communicate standards of facility use, program operations, campus policies, regulations, and procedures to customers and the university community;
- Ability to develop cost estimates, and schedules that effectively manage multiple projects with diverse client needs; exhibits strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse audience;
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service;
- Strong verbal, written and communications skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends; and
- Must be in good standing (driver's license and insurable) to operate state or personal vehicle(s), and must have reliable personal transportation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field;
- Professional designation as a Certified Government Management Professional (CGMP), Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM), or Certified Meeting Professional (CMP); and
- Previous experience working in higher education.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02631z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.