The City of Troutdale, Oregon is currently seeking applicants for the position of Civil Engineer
Application Deadline: April 9, 2017
Compensation: $34.73 to $40.20 per hour
Provides a wide variety of technical Professional Engineering services at the senior level, requiring substantial professional responsibility and independent judgment pertaining to planning, design, contract administration, construction inspection, program management, policy development, customer service and related matters for sanitary sewer, storm water, potable water, parks, and transportation systems, and environmental compliance. This position is distinct from the lower level Engineering Associate position due to the size, breadth and complexity of projects and programs assigned, professional responsibility for projects and programs, application of significant independent engineering judgment, independent decision-making, and the requirement for a Professional Engineer License.
- Principles of civil engineering applied in the design, construction, operation, maintenance, and repair of public works infrastructure.
- Principles and practices of program development and administration.
- Environmental issues, permitting, laws and regulatory requirements.
- Computer-aided drafting and design techniques.
- Current office procedures, methods, and equipment, including personal computers and software typically employed by the Department.
- Public contracting law.
- Computer-aided infrastructure modeling techniques.
- Apply independent professional judgment and make independent responsible decisions of substantial consequence for the City and the public.
- Read and interpret plans, specifications and technical reports.
- Design public works projects.
- Author and administer public contracts and intergovernmental agreements.
- Professionally Seal engineering plans and technical documents
- Contribute to the development and administration of goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Analyze problems, identify alternatives, project consequences of proposed actions, and select optimal solutions.
- Manage Public Works and environmental programs
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Administer public contracts.
Required Education and Experience:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities is to possess a four-year university degree in civil engineering or a closely related course of study combined with at least five years of related experience.
Possession of a valid drivers’ license and acceptable driving record. Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Oregon.
Please see the complete Civil Engineer Job Description at www.troutdale.info/employment for full details regarding the essential job functions and required qualifications associated with this position.
To apply for this position:
1. Pick up an application packet (8 am – 5 pm, M-F) from the Receptionist at Troutdale City Hall,
219 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy., Troutdale, OR 97060, or
2. Download the application packet from the City’s Web Page at www.troutdale.info/employment, or
3. Request an application packet be mailed to you by calling the Receptionist at 503-665-5175
To submit applications materials for this position:
1. Mail or deliver application materials to: 219 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy., Troutdale, OR 97060
2. Email application materials to: HR@troutdaleoregon.gov
3. Fax application materials to: Human Resources at 503.208.7103
The City of Troutdale is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.