| This position is classified as an Association Temporary Program position in the Youth, Family and Community Development Program Area, and will serve as the 4-H Summer Educator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County. This position is responsible for support to the organization within the limits of established policies, guidelines and/or procedures. This position will assist with the STEM summer day camp program, 4-H Youth Development Educational Programs and assist in the preparation, setup, and events and activities for County Fair. This position will represent Cornell Cooperative Extension to the general public, community leaders and government officials in a professional manner. Will appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers, and the public. This position is responsible for carrying out other professional duties as assigned to fulfill the policies and priorities of the Association. This position will support the Association to maintain a safe working environment and act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified. This position supports and complies with affirmative action policies and procedures and the Americans with Disabilities Act.|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
All applicants must apply by close of business on May 1, 2017 to be considered for this position. All applicants must complete an application packet, which includes: cover letter, resume and three (3) references.
All External Applicants (including applicants currently employed by Cornell Cooperative Extension in Associations other than the Association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his/her application materials via the "APPLY" button located within this job posting.
All Internal Applicants (current employees working for the Association advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his/her Workday account, which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/.
Please contact Jane Pearson, Association Sr. Administrative Assistant at 315-788-8450 with questions.
This position is a part-time non-exempt position - 70% FTE, 28 hours per week at $15.35 per hour.
- Educational and/or work experience related to youth development.
- Valid NYS Driver's License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards (DMV and criminal background checks).
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the demands of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a variety of settings, including outdoors.
- Demonstrated initiative, reliability and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement and teach informal educational programs.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in professional team efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse ages, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, and visual means.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs.
Delivery - 85%
- Utilizing established materials, serve as subject matter resource in the 4-H Youth Development area, and provide standard responses.
- Implement lesson plans using current and approved curricula and supplemental materials.
- Teach programs that address participant's needs and that consider the diversity of the community.
- Assist in providing established educational program efforts via mass media, as defined.
- Assist with the 4-H STEM summer day camp program as it relates to program delivery.
- Assist in providing 4-H Youth Development Educational Programs using established resources and materials.
- Assist with carrying out other duties as assigned in support of 4-H programming efforts.
Evaluation - 5%
- Implement program evaluation as designed.
- Assist in interacting with program participants to obtain their evaluation of program offerings.
Coordination/Operation - 5%
- Assist in preparation and setup for County Fair.
- Assist with the coordination of the 4-H STEM summer day camp program.
- Assist in a variety of events/activities at the County and State Fairs including, but not limited to: clerk animal entries, staff the Youth Building, judge non-animal entries, and assist with Barnyard Olympics.
- Assist in the completion of all required reporting, accountability and evaluation documentation in a timely manner.
- Effectively maintain professional relationships with other agencies, organizations and businesses that promote effective communication and facilitate continued programming efforts.
- This position may require the transport of program materials and resources in performing position responsibilities.
Professional Improvement and Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Title:Association Tmp Program
Level:No Grade - Hourly
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Jane Pearson
Number of Openings:1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.