| This position will serve as the Organic Dairy Program Coordinator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Cortland County and will provide program coordination and support to the New York Organic Dairy Program (NY ODP). The purpose of the NY ODP program is to provide support for building and fostering sustainable agricultural related practices related to the dairy industry in New York State. This position will participate in field trials, data review, office filing and organization and other responsibilities as assigned by the Association Organic Dairy Program Educator. This position will organize and coordinate activities related to the NY ODP, coordinate aspects of the reporting process; and serve as an accessible resource to program participants. This position will utilize existing program resources and materials in program work, and will assist in delivering educational programs as defined|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
All applicants must apply by close of business on May 12, 2017 to be considered for this position. All applicants must complete an application packet, which includes: cover letter, resume and three (3) references.
All External Applicants (including applicants currently employed by Cornell Cooperative Extension in Associations other than the Association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his/her application materials via the "APPLY" button located within this job posting.
All Internal Applicants (current employees working for the Association advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his/her Workday account, which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/.
Please contact Barb Henza, Association HR Representative at 607-391-2660 with questions.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position - 100% FTE at 40 hours per week. This position, based on eligibility, offers a comprehensive benefit package, to include: health and dental insurance, retirement, vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent education (High School Diploma/GED and 1 year of transferrable program/functional experience).
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid NYS Driver's License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards (DMV and criminal background checks).
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Two years of experience working with livestock and/or field crops, specifically in Organic Certification Standards.
- Experience in a non-formal educational program such as Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture techniques and practices.
- Familiarity in conducting field studies or trials.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize program resources within the general community.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, teach and evaluate informal educational programs through a variety of delivery methods to reach individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member working with volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to organize reference materials for programming purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and visual means.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technologies for educational and communication purposes.
Delivery - 10%
- Work to foster acceptance of the New York Organic Dairy Program, methods, and policies to address community and individual needs and consider diverse audiences.
- Utilize established program resources and materials in providing information and resources to program participants in established Organic Dairy programming (i.e. organic dairy production, risk management education, soil health, etc.).
- Teach existing educational programs and activities as defined in support of Agriculture programming efforts.
- Assist in providing Organic Dairy educational programming via mass media.
- Utilizing established materials, serve as subject matter resource in the area of Agriculture, specifically Organic Dairy, and provide standard responses.
- Assist with farm trials with New York Organic Dairies by visiting farms for regular sampling.
- Serve as a team member and cooperate with the entire Association and Agriculture Program staff to achieve Association program delivery goals.
Direction - 5%
- Assist Association Organic Dairy Program Educator and other program staff with non-complex administrative tasks in the planning of educational program in Agriculture, specifically Organic Dairy Programs.
- Provide administrative assistance in planning for mass media efforts in Organic Dairy programming.
- Assist Association Organic Dairy Program Educator with planning of events and activities related to the Organic Dairy Program.
Management - 5%
- Provide routine non-complex administrative management of established educational program goals.
- Provide routine non-complex administrative tasks in guiding the implementation of the program area budgets.
- Provide non-complexity administrative tasks in guiding the implementation of communication strategies.
- Assist with problem solving and resolving issues that arise, as needed.
- Provide existing guidance to program volunteers in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Assist the Association Organic Dairy Program Educator with identifying, anticipating, recommending and planning for Organic Dairy Program needs/supplies.
Coordination/Operation - 75%
- Organize and coordinate program activities for assigned programming areas (i.e. field meetings, workshops, pasture walks, etc.).
- Coordinate, and assist other Agriculture staff, with all aspects of the Organic Dairy Program reporting process.
- Assist with program evaluation to include: collecting evaluation and needs assessment data from program participants.
- Coordinate, compile and organize existing program resources and program materials.
- Contribute and communicate Organic Dairy news via social media and emails.
- Provide support materials utilizing existing resources for Organic Dairy programs and activities to include, but not limited to: organic dairy production, risk management education, soil health, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the coordination and implementation of multi-media efforts in the promotion of programming.
- Under the direction of the Association Organic Dairy Program Educator, coordinate and assist with special projects and outreach efforts as instructed.
- Assist with farm trials with New York Organic Dairies by maintaining contact with farmer participants.
- Provide basic information to community media representatives regarding individual programs and refer other questions to other staff members as appropriate.
- Effectively maintain existing professional relationships with other agencies, organizations and businesses that promote effective communication and facilitate continued programming efforts.
- This position may require the transport of program participants and/or program materials and resources in performing position responsibilities.
Professional Improvement and Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Cortland County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Title:Association Program Coordinator I
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Tracy Sanford
Number of Openings:1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.