Scope: Adult therapists provide behavioral health services in an outpatient community based program serving adults. Engage clients in treatment planning and motivational enhancement that leads them towards attaining positive change in their lives. Provides individual, group and family treatment that targets improvement in functional impairments. Specific team assignments will be determined based on clinical expertise, experience, interest and credentials.
Essential Functions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I. Primary Responsibilities
- Provide initial intake screening and mental health assessments that identify service needs and recommend options for care
- Share assessment findings with clients
- Involve client and/or couple in the development of treatment goals, objectives and interventions that address their assessed behavioral health needs
- Provide individual, marital, group, or family therapy
- Provide case management services to assist clients and their families with access to needed benefits and services
- Provide coordinated care by initiating or participating in client centered consultation with internal and external providers involved in care or services
- Reassess and review treatment progress with clients and their families at proscribed intervals
- Assist in establishing effective communication between the Center, other social agencies serving clients, and the Community
II. Performance Requirements
- Work cooperatively with Adult Services team members to assure clients timely access to quality services
- Meet agency quality and compliance standard by accurately completing clinical documentation and service reporting in a timely manner
- Meet or exceed service productivity target
- Implement evidenced based practices to ensure use of effective and efficient treatment that best address client needs
- Participation in staff training and development seminars
- Working cooperatively with other Center teams and programs to maintain smooth continuity of care when cases are shared across teams
- Become familiar with and utilization of outside resources as needed to provide comprehensive services to clients
- Participate in supervision with Adult Manager and in regular performance appraisals as directed
- Understand the different funding sources available to the population served and the requirements for billing each of the funding sources
III. General Competencies
- Promote positive image of KYC with all contacts (customers)
- Exhibit high quality work
- Be a productive member of the staff
- Demonstrate cooperation
- Take the initiative to act on own
- Use excellent judgment
- Communicate clearly
- Make use of supervision
- Contribute to development of a culture of care
IV. Core Competencies
- Complete comprehensive behavioral health evaluations and assessments
- Provide treatment/care planning and coordination
- Provide treatment/care services
- Provide referral and transition services including linkage and discharge planning.
V. Special Competencies
- Demonstrate knowledge of Adult developmental and phase of life issues and adult psychopathology
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult phase of life and relationship issues and assessment of the impact of these issues on mental and physical health
- Provide differential treatment approaches and interventions to address phase of life and relationship issues including individual, couples and group therapy
- Demonstrate knowledge of documentation standards and capacity to meet documentation expectations
VI. Work Environment
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While conducting external KYC business or traveling between sites, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles as well as changing weather and road conditions.
VII. Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, use eyes to see and scan the environment
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; bend or stoop as necessary.
- Employee is occasionally required to carry, move, or transport health records or other objects weighing as much as 25lbs while conducting group and individual therapy sessions.
VIII. Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or University in Social Work or Psychology
- LCPC or LCSW is preferred, but will consider individuals that will are license eligible and will be sitting for the exam within 2 years.
- Must have supervised experience in providing counseling and/or psychotherapy services
- Must demonstrate knowledge in the areas of diagnostic assessment, long and short term treatment, family systems theory and group treatment
- Must have basic computer and keyboarding skills
IX. Chain of Authority
- Reports to the Manager of Adult Services
- Full Time - Exempt
- The therapist must be prepared to work a flexible schedule in response to the needs of the target population served. This schedule may include evening and Saturday hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without
Kenneth Young Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume using the application function provided by Indeed.com
Kenneth Young Center offers a robust benefit package that is highly competitive to the market. KYC offers all full-time employees the following:
- 403(b) plan with organizational matching*
- Health (BlueCross & BlueShield of Illinois), Dental (BCBS), and Vision Insurance (VSP)
- Flexible Spending Account (with up to $500 annual rollover allowed)
- Long Term and Short Term Disability (Dearborn National)
- Life Insurance and option for additional voluntary coverage for self, spouse, or dependents
To further promote an active and healthy work/life balance, KYC also offers a generous amount of paid time off and staff holidays.
- 8 Paid Organization-Wide Holidays
- 3 Personal Holidays
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (With increases based on seniority)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Kenneth Young Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kenneth Young Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kenneth Young Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kenneth Young Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.