- Bachelor'sdegree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting or Management from anaccredited institution is required. (Mustprovide official college/university transcript at time of interview)
- Minimumof three (3) years of experience inpayroll processing and automated time entry is required.
- Proficiencywith Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel and Word is required.
- Experiencewith collective bargaining agreements ispreferred.
- Minimumof three (3) years of experiencewith ANSOS Scheduling System, or similar Scheduling System is preferred.
- Proficient use of JD Edwards EnterpriseResource System Payroll processing module ispreferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OFAPPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge,Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Working knowledge of Federal, and StateLabor laws
- Working knowledge of automated time andattendance systems and automated payroll systems and reporting.
- Proficient knowledge of Union Contracts,Federal, and State Labor laws.
- Knowledge of Federal,State, and local laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Experience withCollective Bargaining Agreements.
- Ability to analyze andsolve problems.
- Ability to workindependently and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret andconsistently apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearlycommunicate complex financial functions, verbally and in writing across diverselevels.
- Strong organizational,problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Exhibits a high degree ofdiscretion when responding to matters that require sound judgment
- Proficient use of JD Edwards EnterpriseResource System Payroll processing module and Microsoft Office, specificallyExcel.
When applyingfor employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preferenceis given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forcesof the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11). Discharge papers must list andHonorable Discharge Status. Dischargepapers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
Ifitems are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANSMUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARDOR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and VisionCoverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and DeferredCompensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, andSick Time
- You may also qualifyfor the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the UnitedStates with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States'territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credentialevaluation service belonging to the National Association of CredentialEvaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International CredentialEvaluators (AICE). Originalcredentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offersof Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactoryprofessional & employment references, healthcare and criminal backgroundchecks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of aphysical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH ANDHOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER