We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
- Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
- Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
BASF is The Chemical Company focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. We have big goals for our Freeport Site group and we're working hard to build our Site Logistics team.
This is where you come in.
We are seeking an I&E Technician who will be responsible for troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, calibrating and proper operation of all instrumentation, control systems, electrical support systems and electrical equipment 480 V and under in the plant. The successful candidate will use a wide range of test equipment, performing tests to identify problems, maintain systems and calibrate equipment to an identified performance standard. He/she will support PSM standards by participating in PHAs and follow-up on MOCs as appropriate.
Candidate will assess and increase equipment reliability by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing plant equipment such as transmitters, controls systems, control valves, simple analyzer systems, pneumatic tubing systems, 480v motor control centers, relay systems, lighting systems, conduit systems and programmable controllers. All work will be done in accordance with the governing standards, procedures and codes.
The successful candidate will enter our I&E Technician Progression Program at a level commensurate with previous knowledge, skills, and experience. This experience level will be verified by evaluation.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
High School diploma or equivalent
Associate degree in a technical discipline or equivalent certification from an accredited Instrument or Electrical Technician Certification Program or nationally recognized trade program (e.g. NCCER). 5 years of instrument and/or electrical work experience in a related industry may be substituted for the above education requirement.
- Understanding of federal, state and local codes and regulations (including company standards and other regulations).
- Ability to utilize site CMMS system (e.g. SAP) as required.
- Ability to consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments and simple analyzers used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Solid safety mindset, ability to perform work independently, ability to examine/analyze equipment for defects. Must also possess the ability to apply creative solutions to unique I&E problems.
- Ability to operate and use such test equipment as multimeters, loop calibrators, Hart communicator, frequency devices and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting and updating piping and instrument diagrams, loop diagrams, instrument specification sheets, electrical one-lines, schematics and logic diagrams.
- Capable of working with DCS systems, including basic programming and troubleshooting. Must also be capable of troubleshooting programmable logic controllers (PLC) and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- Ability to use basic mathematics including algebra & geometry to take measurements and perform computations required for installation and calibration of equipment
- Applicant must be willing to document data, validate and recommend parts and components used, ensure any needed drawing updates are identified, and develop best maintenance practices and procedures.
- Applicant must be willing and able to wear all forms of PPE required for assigned tasks, including FRC uniforms and at times respirator devices.
This position requires all candidates to either possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-TX-Freeport
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America