- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (D.O.) degree from an accredited medical school oruniversity
- Mustpossess a valid Illinois medical license or have the ability to obtain thislicense prior to the start of this employment.
- ValidIllinois Controlled Substance License or have the ability to obtain thislicense prior to starting employment
- Validlicensure with the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) or have theability to obtain this license prior to starting employment
- Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery orboard certification in plastic surgery or must be on pathway leading tocertification within five (5) years of terminal training.
- Successfulcompletion of Hand Surgery fellowship.
- Obtaining hand surgery Certificate of AddedQualification (CAQ is required within five (5) years of terminal training.
- Recent(over the past two (2) years) operative experience consisting of a minimum of200 operative Orthopedic, or plastic surgery cases including a minimum of 100hand cases.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilitiesand Other Characteristics
- Current knowledge of the principles and methodsof Hand surgery to ensure quality and standards of care.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices ofmedical research to help implement clinical protocols/internal research.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods oftraining medical staff to ensure standards of care.
- Skill in the application of the principles andmethods of hand surgery to ensure quality and standards of care.
- Skillto analyze data/information accurately in order to determine and implement aneffective and appropriate course of action.
- Skill to prepare written documents toprovide information and/or direction to staff and others.
Whenapplying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System,preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in theArmed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuousservice.
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
· Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
· Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11).
Dischargepapers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an HonorableDischarge Status are not acceptable
· Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
Ifitems are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANSMUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARDOR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on ourexcellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUSTMEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception ofthose awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must becredentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to theNational Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or theAssociation of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Originalcredentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
Mustsuccessfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook CountyHealth and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and anyother license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two(2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date
*Pleasenote all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions:satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminalbackground checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successfulcompletion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHSis strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOKCOUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER