- Master's Degree in SocialWork from an accredited school of social work is required. (Must provide official transcript at time of interview).
- Active License in ClinicalSocial Work in the State of Illinois isrequired. (Must provide proof of licensure at time of interview).
- Familiar with Windows andMicrosoft Office Software is required.
- Knowledge of MedicalTerminology is required.
- Experience providing emergency andin-patient psychiatric consultations to medically ill patients is preferred.
- Certification as an Alcohol and OtherDrug Abuse (AODA) Counselor or Board Registered as a Mental Illness-SubstanceAbuse Counselor (MISA I, MISA II) preferred is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
MUST MEET ALLREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge,Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Provide clear and concise documentationregarding patients and maintains this information in a confidential manner.Adheres to relevant state and federal guidelines governing patient care andtreatment of sensitive information, particularly the Illinois DevelopmentalDisability and
- Mental Health Code, the IllinoisConfidentiality Code, HIPAA and EMTALA.
- Activity participates in teamactivities, in the larger hospital and in the community in ways that make apositive contribution to team operations. Maintains appropriate professionalboundaries with all staff, trainees and patients at all times.
- Able to physically perform in terms ofphysical movements, vision, hearing and speech as outlined in Physical JobDescription for Department of Psychiatry staff.
- Excellent human relations andoral/written communication skills. Ability to work independently,
- Willing to provide psychiatricconsultations and care to all Cook county Health and Hospital System sites,with primary responsibility of Fantus Adult Psychiatry Clinic.
- Assesses information, apply criticalthinking to determine course of action and relay this information to patients,families and clinical staff. Demonstrates ability to utilize and teachappropriate behavior management techniques.
- Demonstrate constructive involvementwith professionals in the hospital, the agency and in the community. Developsand maintains professional relationships with court, police, human services,entitlement and governmental agencies, health services vendors and privateorganizations to enhance services delivery and agency image.
- Identifies professional goals andenhances job-related skills through staff development activities. Remainscurrent on trends in clinical theory and evidence-based practice. Stays abreastof CCHHS policies and procedures, pertaining to crisis/behavior health actsaccordingly.
When applyingfor employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preferenceis given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forcesof the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing.) Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11). Discharge papers must list andHonorable Discharge Status. Dischargepapers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
Ifitems are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANSMUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARDOR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and VisionCoverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and DeferredCompensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, andSick Time
- You may also qualifyfor the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degreesawarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in oneof the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by anapproved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the NationalAssociation of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association ofInternational Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers ofEmployment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactoryprofessional & employment references, healthcare and criminal backgroundchecks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of aphysical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting anyterm or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any politicalreason or factor.
COOKCOUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER