The Clinton River Watershed Council (CRWC) located in Rochester Hills, Ml, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic team leader to manage CRWC's daily operations and watershed management activities. The Executive Director promotes watershed management through cooperative efforts with governments, businesses, community organizations, and individuals. This position reports to a Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will fulfill CRWC's mission through sound management of the organization's internal operations (including day-to-day activities, staff oversight, and team-building) and external relationships with other agencies, organizations, and individuals via the activities outlined below:
1. Promote watershed-based land use planning and sound watershed management practices through watershed planning activities, community meetings, presentations and requests for assistance.
• Serve as CRWC's primary liaison to 62+ member governments, including both formal and informal interaction with government officials and staff on a regular basis
• Provide administrative oversight of CRWC's stormwater education program
• Provide administrative and technical support to the Clinton River Area of Concern Public Advisory Council.
• Serve on a variety of other local, regional, and statewide committees.
• Respond to requests for assistance from individual residents and businesses on watershed management issues, including permit applications and site development plans.
2. Oversee the development and coordination of CRWC's education and stewardship programs, including Adopt-A-Stream, Stream Leaders, River Day, Keeping It Clean, Clinton River Coldwater Conservation Project, publications, and other public forums, workshops, conferences and presentations.
• Provide administrative oversight to the staff on the development and implementation of CRWC's major programs.
• Provide administrative oversight to the staff and participate in major events, such as Stream Leaders, Student Congress, River Day, Keeping It Clean and CRCCP River Rally.
• Participate and lead the design, edit, and update of CRWC's website and newsletter.
• Develop and deliver presentations on a variety of watershed topics as requested.
3. Promote CRWC as a watershed management service provider & advocate. Serve as the primary spokesperson for CRWC, respond to requests for information, and seek opportunities to promote CRWC's services and core values. Coordinate CRWC's Annual Meeting each spring.
4. Uphold the strategic plan in cooperation with and approved by the Board of Directors. Coordinate annual staff and board strategic planning sessions, update the strategic plan as needed and track staff progress throughout the year.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget and other fiduciary responsibility. Works closelywith the accountant and the Finance Committee to develop and administer the annual budget starting in July. Prepare financial reports for board meetings and oversees, administers and provides support for grants.
6. Oversee the development and implementation of CRWC's fundraising strategy. Work closely with the Development Director on the fundraising plan, grant/foundation requests, membership appeals and renewals, donor lists, planned giving and annual fundraisers.
7. Oversee the development and implementation of CRWC's marketing and communications strategy. Work closely with the Development Director and other staff on development of press releases, interaction with the media, and design of promotional materials. CRWC will be collaborating on a brand audit for 2017.
8. Promote efficient operation of the workplace. Oversee staff in handling day-to-day office functions, supply ordering, and technology improvements.
9. Facilitate staff support to the Board of Directors. Prepare board packets, including agendas, staff reports, and financial reports. Serve as an ex officio member of the Executive, Finance, Governance and Development committees.
10. Hire and manage staff, including establishing performance criteria, conducting annual reviews and facilitating professional developm ent. Provide the leadership responsible for motivating staff and keeping them on task. Assist staff in identifying appropriate professional development opportunities. Coordinate the personnel/human resources for CRWC including benefits, reviews and benefit accrual tracking.
11. Comply with the bylaws of the Clinton River Watershed Council.