EY's Economic Advisory team of over 40 Economists is looking for experienced transport economists with at least 2 years relevant experience to support the growing number of firm-wide opportunities in the transport infrastructure space.
This is an exciting time to join the team with increasing opportunities to support and influence decisions by our clients across the UK&I, EMEIA region and globally. The successful candidates will also have opportunities to work in a range of other infrastructure sectors such as telecommunications, power and utilities, media, health and sports, and on government policy and macroeconomic analysis more generally.
Technical skills requirements
Suitable applicants will be highly analytical Master-level Economics graduates with at least 4+ years of experience in the infrastructure sector, particularly in transport infrastructure.
For these roles, it would be advantageous to be able to demonstrate any of the following:
- Strong knowledge of the transport sector - mega trends, current and evolving challenges in the sector and their potential implications for customers, operators and the government;
- Experience in working with either the government or the private sector on strategic initiatives for the transport sector;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of transport economic appraisal guidance and tools, such as the WebTAG and the Greenbook approach, and their practical applications and limitations;
- A background in econometrics with experience in forecasting or customer analytics or measuring policy impact;
- Strong ability in using data to support evidence-based business case and strategy development;
- A good understanding of the principles of regulatory economics, regulatory finance/accounting, and familiar with the regulatory framework and principles for regulated infrastructure;
- Experience in tariff/pricing design, demand management and capacity allocation; and/or
Additional skills requirements
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to think strategically and align economics with strategic objectives;
- Logical and structured approach to complex problem solving;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively within a team, across teams and with client teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical audience;
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage competing demands effectively while maintaining the discipline and quality of output;
- The ability to recognise opportunities when they arise and assist in providing solutions; and
- Experience in leading or supporting preparation of proposals, business development and growth initiatives;
- The ability to effectively promote the sharing of knowledge and capabilities in the team internally and externally; and
- Contributing pro-actively to building positive team spirit.
- Provide or contribute to economic analysis as part of client engagements
- Prepare and present clear reports to support these analyses and solutions
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Excel and other suitable solution platforms
- Manage own time to budgets and communicate progress against plan to assignment manager
- Apply or refer to a basic range of EY services and products in meeting clients' needs
- Proactively manages own career path and development
Who we are
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. As a transaction professional at EY, you'll help clients evaluate structure and execute their most important deals. You'll work in a dynamic, forward looking environment; in what is currently the only integrated global transaction business worldwide. You'll have direct contact with clients and gain valuable experience across industries and geographies, learning from top minds in today's transactions arena. We'll help you achieve your potential by giving you leading professional development opportunities. At EY, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Internal Number: 4932443
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.